Monday, August 3, 2015

I don't believe in setbacks...

You might think "what do you mean that you don't believe in setbacks?"

Well, I don't!!! Everything we do is part of a journey... I am changing and becoming a better person every day, some ways more than others, but it is all part of a process...

A year ago I completed REV 3K 15 week program and lost 30 pounds... I was so successful, but now I have gained 40 pounds back... And when I do look back, I know I could have cheated less and done more to propel greater loss...

After 8 months of working 4 jobs and more than 60 hours a week, I was exhausted and did not prioritize my health. Though I attempted LA Fitness, my hours (overnights and shift work) did not allow much down time, and when I did, it was spent sleeping and I lacked energy. My eating and sleep habits were terrible and I would range from 800-2000 calories a day, and 1 to 10 hours of sleep, depending.

Then... WHAM. It hit me like a brick wall. RACHEL WAKE UP. GET YOUR PRIORITIES TOGETHER.

It was not actually a brick wall... it was a 2001 Chevy Silverado, driven by a drunken man in his 50s. I was hit and my car was totalled. I suffered muscle injury and strain, as well as bad whiplash, and a concussion. My left knee, left hip, left shoulder, and right side of my neck have the worst muscle strain. For a few weeks I was limited in mobility, though it got better as I went along. Then I began to get complacent a bit, and did not think about how my eating habits and lack of physical activity would affect me. In the past 5 months I have gained 15 pounds.

My current weight is 237.13 as of August 3rd and my goal weight is 150. I need to lose between 75-100 pounds, respectively, which I plan to do by next spring. I hope to lose 40 pounds by Christmas and be in the 100's or "One-derland" again.

I am going to start blogging daily food intake, exercise, thought patterns, etc. This was so helpful before and I know it can be again.

Tonight I had my LAST ICE CAP until I am done losing weight. It was a small. I also had a 6 inch chicken breast sub with veggies on italian bread. I have not eaten since then, at 9pm after driving two days home from Florida in a minivan with 6 other people.

So wish me luck on my journey...

August goal: By August 31st, be able to run 2K without stopping, and lose 20 pounds.

Like I said, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN SETBACKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment